Dr. Shah also performs refractive surgery, including Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK), Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), and Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK).
Dr. Shah is well published in peer-reviewed journals and has a specific interest in treating Fuchs Dystrophy. He has authored several book chapters, specifically focusing on the surgical techniques for DMEK, Herpes Simplex Keratitis, and Corneal transplantation in patients with ocular surface disease. He also serves on the accreditation board for the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA), the accrediting body for donor eye banks in the United States.
Dr. Shah has given numerous presentations and lectures and has written several published works on the cornea and external diseases. He is also active in a number of national organizations, including:
- The Eye Bank Association for America
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- The Cleveland Ophthalmologic Society